Mixed martial arts, abbreviated as MMA, is a combat sport, which, in its modern form, emerged in the late 20th century and is currently most popular in the United States, Brazil, Japan, United Kingdom and Russia. The main feature of this type of sport is that it combines various combat styles, such as boxing, ju-jitsu, karate and others. Contrary to the common perception, MMA has strict regulations; a set of rules was released in California in 2000, which later was adopted by most MMA organizations.
Professional Sport Scene
In the 20th century, the MMA scene separately occurred in both the United States and Japan. The Ultimate Fighting Championship was created in the United States in 1993, while Japan created its own organization called Pride Fighting Championships in 1997. Later, as the sport became more and more popular in the United States, UFC decided to buy out Pride DC and merge the athletes under one brand. Nowadays, UFC is undoubtedly the biggest and the most influential company in the sport across the globe. It is located in Las Vegas, Nev., and organizes top-ranked events in 12 weight divisions all across the world. All UFC competitions are regulated by unified rules.
Besides UFC, there are also other major local organizations, such as Bellator MMA in the United States, Absolute Championship Berkut and Fight Nights Global in Russia, Rizin Fighting Federation and Pancrase in Japan. On the international level, MMA is governed by the International Mixed Martial Arts Federation, found in 2012 and supported by UFC.
For everyone who is interested in MMA betting, GGBET can offer the robust platform and the best odds on the market. Our features include, but are not limited to:
- Regular bonuses and best odds;
- Wide range of sports and competitions to bet on; and
- Easy registration and multiple payment options.
MMA is the ultimate sport where you get to witness the best athletes from around the world prove their fighting prowess. Here are some of the reasons MMA is an amazing sport to bet on!
- Add excitement to a fight - Even if the fight is boring or you don’t care about the fighters, if you have money to gamble on the contest, you will be glued to your TV!
- Simple sport - In MMA, you can win by knockout, submission, or points. The fighter that inflicts the most damage wins!
- A great alternative to boxing - If you love combat sports but find boxing a little boring, then MMA is perfect. In this sport, athletes can kick, punch, wrestle and even go for submissions!
In addition to betting on sports, on our website you can entertain yourself by playing in slots or insta-games. We also have 24/7 customer support, which is always ready to help you, in case you have questions.